If you are looking for some simple alarm systems for your home today's article has a really nice option for you. I think you will really enjoy the Magnetic Door/Window Alarm as it is very affordable as single unit costs $7.95 on our website. This allows you to pick how many you will need to secure the windows and doors in your home. If live in an apartment this is a great solution as you probably don't have too much room to cover nor a need to place magnets on windows.
Here is how a setup of this device looks like:
|The device is elegant and fits nicely with your doors and windows.|
So how do these magnets work? Is it safe and reliable? Of course it is! This little magnetic field can't harm anyone and as for the question of reliability just look at the positive reviews from past customers on our website! So now to explain the mechanism, the base of the alarm unit is easily bolted to door or window frame, the actuator (the device right next to it) is connected to the window or door. Now as you can see, the simple openning of a door or window will activate the powerful 110 decibel alarm! The amazing Magnetic Door/Window Alarm is ready to use as soon as you get it as we include the three lithium batteries required for the device to operate.
To maximize the effectiveness of this simple security system follow these tips as well:
- If you won't be at home during the night leave at least one light on and perhaps even let the radio play silently as to make it appear someone is in the house and is awake.
- If you are going away for several days, make sure your mail or newspaper don't pile up so that people (by this I refer to burglars) don't know that you are away.
- Get in touch with the local community, especially your neighbors! You don't have to be best buddies with them if you don't like but a simple "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" will certainly do. Ask them to keep an eye out for anything suspicious, especially if you are going away for a while.
- Make sure you actually locked everything before leaving your home and didn't forget something. Many burglars enter through open windows.
- Make sure there are no shrubs or bushes blocking your view of the yard. You want clear visibility and control over everything around you.